1. ad:tech partners with NESTLÉ India Limited, (hereinafter “NESTLÉ”) and is hosting a challenge for Start Ups called “THE NEXT BIG THING CHALLENGE´ (hereinafter referred to as the “Challenge” for easy reference) the link for which is https://newdelhi.ad-tech.com/tnbt (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”
2. The Challenge is valid from 24th January 2018 until 23rd February 2018 (hereinafter “Challenge Period”).
3. Participants must ensure that their entry/submission is made within this Challenge Period. The Challenge is available for the above Challenge Period only.
4. Participation in this Challenge is optional and voluntary.
5. Participation in this Challenge is open to Start- Ups (as per definition of Notification dated 17 February 2016 provided by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) run by Indian citizens above the age of 18 except, its Associate Companies of NESTLÉ (in past or present), its Advertising Agency (in past or Present) and its Media Partners (in past or present).
6. By participating in this Program:
a. The participant expressly confirms and represents that he/she has read the Terms & Conditions of the Program on how to enter, how the winning entries shall be determined, and details on usage, collection, retention and sharing of personal data and winning entries.
b. The participant agrees to be bound by the terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and
c. The participant confirms that he/she is not breaching any law or violating any third party rights by participating in this Program.
7. How to enter the Challenge-
This Challenge is the search for the most disruptive marketing technology startups to pitch to company Management and industry leaders. This Challenge shall give exclusive opportunity to Start ups to showcase their technology to win a Nestlé India pilot funding, as well as the coveted recognition as The Next Big Thing.
a. Participants shall review the Nestlé India challenges and project briefs.
b. Submit your application before 23rd February 2018 at this link https://newdelhi.ad-tech.com/tnbt.
c. The final shortlisted startups for their entries will be revealed on 27th February 2018.
d. Shortlisted startups will be invited to Nestlé India office in Gurgaon for a mentoring program.
e. Shortlisted startups to pitch LIVE to Jury comprised on Nestlé India Management’s VC, Investors, tech & marketing leaders at ad:tech on 9th March 2018.
Winning start-up shall get to work with Nestlé India pilot funding project and shall get the highly coveted title of ‘ad:tech The Next Big Thing’
8. The entries shall be-
a. In context to the subject only.
b. Not contain any demeaning, abusive, profanity, hate speech, obscenity, etc.
c. Not violating any laws of the land including Intellectual property of any party or person in any manner. The participant shall be solely liable for the violation of the same.
d. The content used in the entry should not contain any offensive, defamatory, indecent, abusive content, pictorial representation or language that can in any manner be deemed as offensive by any section of society or prohibited under any religion or law. The participant shall be solely liable for the violation of the same.
e. Winning entries will be shortlisted basis criteria’s set by Nestlé Management Committee members and industry recognized VCs, investor, marketing and tech leaders.
9. The Winner (Selected Start Up) of the Contest shall be contacted by Partners of Nestlé to kick off projects funded by Nestlé India. NESTLÉ team shall undertake separate set of agreement and confirmation by the winners before having the winning entries used or complied in any manner.
10. In case there are any conflicts in the legitimacy of the Winner, Selection Committee/ Jury is entitled to quash the prize at any given point against such claimed Winner or Participant. Selection Committee/ Jury will reserve the right to pass on the Prize to another participant without any further notice to the Winner. Any decision taken by Selection Committee/Jury for rejecting any answer/entry shall be final and binding and not subject to any dispute or challenge.
11. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed / exchanged for cash. No claim shall be entertained in this regard.
12. Acceptance of Prize/ Reward constitutes permission to NESTLÉ to use the Winner’s name, relevant details for purposes of publicity, edition, presentation, brand study, market research, advertising and/or trade without further approval, permission, compensation or notice for unlimited period.
13. By participating in the Program, the participant(s):
a. Agree to the use of their name, picture and/or likeness in any manner deemed necessary by Event sponsors and NESTLÉ, without compensation, by NESTLÉ and any party authorized by NESTLÉ;
b. Hereby waives all rights and grant NESTLÉ a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual worldwide usage rights to copy, modify and otherwise use and distribute his/her winning entry and/or any element of the submission (hereinafter the “Works”), in any and all media and in any publication whether online, offline or on the Internet. NESTLÉ shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, photos, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials for any purpose now or in future.
c. To the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world.
d. Undertake not to object to any use of the Works by NESTLÉ or any party authorized by NESTLÉ.
e. Undertake to adhere to terms and policies as set out by NESTLÉ.
14. Agrees that any such submission and or idea from your end is entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and non-committal. NESTLÉ has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or not develop / use or not use your idea/ submission and that no compensation is due to the participant or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea/ submission, related Ideas or Ideas derived from your submission.
15. ad:tech and or NESTLÉ reserves the right to withdraw, change, defer, alter or cancel this Challenge in part or full, or change any or all of the terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation/notice of any kind and will not be liable for any consequential losses/damages. Any decision of ad:tech and NESTLÉ in this regard and in general with respect to this Challenge and the terms and conditions thereto shall be final, binding.
16. ad:tech and or NESTLÉ shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other Force Majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
17. All disputes are subject to the laws of India and the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts of New Delhi alone.
18. If a participant is dissatisfied with the Challenge and/or the terms and conditions of the Challenge, his/her sole and exclusive remedy is to not to participate in the Challenge.
19. Important note for the Shortlists: All submissions, entries, ideations shall be further evaluated by the Jury members in the next round. Nestlé respects proprietary rights of entities and as a company is conscientious and responsible while innovating and renovating its existing processes and systems. However any submission of idea from your end is entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and non-committal. Nestlé and or Adtech is not liable for any compensation/ remuneration to you or your representative for any inadvertent or unintentional use of the Idea provided in your submission, related Ideas or Ideas derived from your Idea, now or in future. Nestlé assumes no obligation with respect to any Idea unless and until Nestlé enters into a written contract with you, in case you are declared as a winning entry/ Winner.
Nestlé shall have the sole right to determine in which manner and to what extent, if at all, the Submissions provided by shortlisted Participant shall be exploited and shall not be under any obligation to exploit the Deliverables provided by shortlisted Participant during the project or thereafter, in any manner whatsoever.
Participants confirm that the submissions provided are original work, entitled to copyright protection, and will not be a copy of, nor infringe the copyright or any other Intellectual Property Rights of, any third party. Shortlisted Participant undertakes that any Nestlé Confidential Information shared during the next round shall be kept in strict confidence by the shortlisted Participant and or its team and not be shared further with any third party.